As part of its "Better Than Black Friday" Smartphone Savings Event this Friday, Jan. 3 and Saturday, Jan. 4, Best Buy is selling the Apple (AAPL) iPhone 5S for $124.99 when a customer signs up for a two-year contract in stores, at a Best Buy Mobile or online, the company said in an email on Friday.
Contracts are through Verizon, AT&T and Sprint.
Even better, Best Buy is offering the iPhone 5C for free during the two-day promotional event, with a two-year contract through the aforementioned providers.
The deal isn't just for Apple products. Best Buy is also offering the Samsung Galaxy S4 for free with two-year contract this weekend, as well as the HTC One for $29.99 and the LG G2 for $49.99. This is not even a trade-in deal.
(Full disclosure: Last month I took advantage of Best Buy's trade-in deal and for $120, I walked out of the Best Buy Mobile in Union Square with a iPhone 5S in gold, a new case, three free DVDs and I think a monthly bill that will actually be a few dollars less than what I am paying now. That last one I have to confirm when my AT&T bill comes.)
I can't say what Best Buy's margins will be like when fourth-quarter earnings reports come around, but I can say these deals are for real.
--Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV