The KBW Bank Index
(I:BKX) on Friday rose 0.8% to 69.47, with all but two of the 24 index components ending with gains.
Citigroup's shares returned 32% during 2013, following a 51% during 2012. The shares trade for 9.6 times the consensus 2015 earnings estimate of $5.56 a share, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters. The consensus 2014 EPS estimate is $5.26.
State Street returned 59% during 2013, following a return of 19% during 2012. The shares trade for 12.7 times the consensus 2015 EPS estimate of $5.90. The consensus 2014 EPS estimate is $5.25.
The following chart shows the performance of Citigroup and State Street over the past 12 months, against the KBW Bank Index and the S&P 500
data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV