'Fast Money' Recap: Breaking a Losing Streak
NEW YORK (
TheStreet) -- The
S&P 500 broke the three-day losing streak Tuesday.
On CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show, Tim Seymour, managing partner of Triogem Asset Management, said he continues to like shares of Google (GOOG), which could be considered a value stock based on forward estimates.
Steve Grasso, director of institutional sales at Stuart Frankel, thinks GOOG has solid fundamentals to go alongside its strong price momentum. He called it, "the best of both worlds."
Karen Finerman, president of Metropolitan Capital Advisors, said shares of GOOG are no longer cheap, but are not yet expensive either. She'd like to see the company do something with its cash.
Guy Adami, managing director of stockmonster.com, said GOOG reports earnings later this month and suggested that investors might get a buying opportunity if the stock sells off.Grasso said Twitter (TWTR) could do well in 2014. Adami thinks the stock appears to have lost its momentum for the time being. Seymour called Baidu (BIDU) and Sina (SINA) the Google and Twitter of China. He likes the two Chinese stocks as momentum plays. Finerman thinks the oil shipping space can outperform, including Frontline (FRO), Teekay Tankers (TNK) and Ship Finance International (SFL). But she warned it's a volatile area. Adami suggested that momentum in the airline stocks and aircraft suppliers could continue in 2014. He likes Delta Air Lines (DAL), Rockwell Collins (COL) and Boeing (BA).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV