NEW YORK (
The Street) -- Global cybersecurity company FireEye
(FEYE) received a massive boost to its stock price on Friday after it acquired forensics specialist company Mandiant Corp. for $1 billion.
FEYE surged more than 30% on Friday, boosting shares to an all-time high. The company's stock has more than doubled since it debuted on the market in September. FireEye had also increased its fourth-quarter revenue estimates on Thursday. Goldman Sachs also increased its price target on FireEye from $40 to $45.
FBR Capital Markets analyst Daniel Ives wrote in a note that FireEye's purchase of Mandiant is a sign of more consolidation within the cybersecurity sector. "This deal speaks to our thesis around massive consolidation in the security landscape for 2014, with names such as Fortinet Inc. (FTNT) and Proofpoint Inc. (PFPT) as prime acquisition candidates," Ives wrote.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV