Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) ( http://www.groupon.com) today announced findings from its New Year’s Resolution study conducted by AbsolutData for Groupon. The survey found that self-improvement was the top reason people make New Year’s resolutions. Of those who make a resolution each year, 60 percent of the general population respondents said they either want to get out of a rut or improve their love life. Five percent of respondents said they’ve made a New Year’s resolution that was too embarrassing to tell anyone.
“Whether it’s to live healthier, experience something new or spend more time with loved ones, the New Year is a great time for a fresh start,” said Favin the Beauty Maven, Groupon’s new face of its health, beauty and wellness category. “This year, on top of making healthy changes to my diet and expanding my exercise routines, my plan is to try new things! Instead of thinking in terms of removing things in your life, why not commit to taking that class you’ve always wanted to take or discovering something new in your local area? I’ll be sharing my journey with you all year long so stay turned for all the health, beauty and wellness adventures.”
Of those who responded to the survey, a majority said they “sometimes” make a New Year’s resolution. The top reason for not making a resolution is because it can’t be maintained throughout the year.
“A common mistake that people make is to commit to something so big that it’s unrealistic and unattainable,” said Favin. “When that happens, you’re typically left with failure and disappointment, which is the opposite of why you made the commitment in the first place. It’s always more effective to set attainable goals and then build on them. Instead of, ‘lose 50 pounds this year,’ commit to something less daunting like ‘10 pounds by Valentine’s Day,’ and then once you’ve reached that goal, set another.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV