4. As of noon trading, Progressive Corporation ( PGR) is down $0.24 (-0.9%) to $26.48 on light volume. Thus far, 776,151 shares of Progressive Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $26.44-$26.77 after having opened the day at $26.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.72. The Progressive Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides personal and commercial automobile insurance, and other specialty property-casualty insurance products and related services primarily in the United States. Progressive Corporation has a market cap of $16.4 billion and is part of the insurance industry. Shares are down 2.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Progressive Corporation a buy, 8 analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Progressive Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Progressive Corporation Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts