NASHVILLE, Tenn., Jan. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Nissan aims to return to its glory days of sports car success from the late 80s/early 90s with Muscle Milk Pickett Racing joining forces with the Japanese manufacturer as its official partner team.
After taking back-to-back American Le Mans Series championship victories, Muscle Milk Pickett Racing will be powered by Nissan in 2014 for the inaugural TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.Nissan dominated U.S. sports car racing from 1988 to 1991 – winning four consecutive driver's championships, three manufacturer's titles and 33 IMSA races. As part of the NISMO Global Driver Exchange, racers from Nissan's squad of international drivers will compete alongside Muscle Milk Pickett Racing's Lucas Luhr and Klaus Graf. Luhr is no stranger to Nissan colors – winning the GT1 World Championship aboard a Nissan GT-R with Michael Krumm in 2011. Nissan P2 World Endurance Championship regular Alex Brundle will join the team for the Rolex 24 at Daytona – the young British driver aiming to follow in the footsteps of his father Martin Brundle who won the American round-the-clock endurance classic 26 years ago in 1988. The Rolex 24 at Daytona will be Brundle's first opportunity to contest a major U.S. championship event. The second-generation racer drove for Oak Racing in 2013 in the FIA World Endurance Championship – finishing second in both the championship and at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in the LM P2 class. Nissan drivers will also drive the Muscle Milk ORECA 03 prototype class entry at the 12 Hours of Sebring and Petit Le Mans. Launched last year, the NISMO Exchange provides opportunities for drivers in the Nissan "family" to contest major motorsports events across the globe.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV