NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Investors are finding optimism in Thursday's selloff, pushing indices higher in Friday's trading session. TheStreet's Ruben Ramirez details today's top headlines.
FireEye (FEYE) is soaring, up over 30%, on reports that it will acquire Mandiant for $1 billion. The acquisition should help broaden the company's reach in defending companies and government enterprises from hackers, Ramirez said.
Turning to the auto sector, monthly sales figures are due out Friday morning. According to Edmonds.com, auto sales as a whole should increase 5.2% for the month of December, he added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV