Jamba Juice Company (NASDAQ:JMBA), a leading healthy, active lifestyle brand announced today that the Company has entered into a master franchise development agreement with Foodmark, the Food and Beverage division of Landmark Group, to develop 80 Jamba Juice® stores across the Middle East region over the next ten years. The first Jamba Juice store is expected to open in Dubai in 2014.
Foodmark is a subsidiary of the Landmark Group, one of the largest and most successful retail and hospitality conglomerates in MENA and India operating over 1600 outlets and encompassing over 22 million square feet across 19 countries including the UAE, Saudi Arabia, India, Egypt, Turkey, and other markets in the region. Foodmark operates several restaurant concepts and brands in the region.
"We are very excited to be partnering with the Landmark Group – they have a 40-year history of successfully building their own and franchise brands and they possess immense business and networking strength in the region,” said Thibault de Chatellus, Senior Vice President, International, Jamba Juice Company. “In Landmark, we have found a terrific partner for the Middle East, with a strong passion for Jamba Juice and a deep understanding of the different markets and consumers in their region.”
“Jamba Juice is a highly reputed name and we are very excited about the opportunity to bring the brand to the Middle East,” said Kieran Mallon, COO of Foodmark. “The region will be a fantastic market for Jamba Juice. The product offering is very relevant for our consumers, who are increasingly looking for healthier food and beverage alternatives, and embracing the global healthy and active lifestyle trends. We will leverage Jamba’s 24 years of experience, and their success in the US, Korea and Philippines and are confident that our customers will be delighted with Jamba’s high quality smoothies, juices and other 'better for you' offerings.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV