Priceline.com (PCLN) ($1145.44) ended 2013 at $1162.40 with a buy rating, overvalued by 28.1%, a gain of 87.4% in 2013 and a P/E ratio of 30.3. The stock set its all-time intraday high at $1198.75 on Nov. 29. It is below its 21-day SMA at $1176.14 and above its 50-day and 200-day SMAs at $1136.34 and $929.54. The weekly chart is positive but overbought, with the stock just above its five-week MMA at $1145.17 with its 200-week SMA at $589.43. A close today below $1145.17 would be a warning that the stock was losing its momentum characteristics. Semiannual, quarterly and annual value levels are $1113.17, $1010.25 and $925.01 with quarterly and monthly risky levels at $1192.75 and $1309.95.
Tesla ($150.10) ended 2013 at $150.43 with a hold rating, overvalued by 21.8%, and a gain of 344.1% in 2013, after trading to an all-time intraday high as $194.50 on Sept. 30. After declining to $116.10 on Nov. 26, Tesla then returned to momentum status in mid-December, with a high at $158.00. The stock is above its 21-day, 50-day and 200-day SMAs at $146.04, $145.23 and $122.64. The weekly chart is positive with the stock above its five-week MMA at $146.71. My quarterly value level is $142.81 with a monthly risky level at $232.64. Tesla became a publicly traded company in July 2010, and thus does not have enough price history to calculate semiannual and annual levels from my proprietary analytics.
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV