100 Markets Showing Home Value Gains
But at least the market is rolling into the new year with the wind at its back.
Take the rising values of homes, rapidly becoming part of the new normal. According to Homes.com and its Local Market Index for October, the nation's top 100 markets have shown year-to-year gains from October 2012 to October 2013.
In addition, 84 housing markets have reached "full recovery," according to the Index.
- Looking at year-over-year price hikes in the nation's top 300 markets, not one saw average home values losing steam.
- There were monthly home value price hikes in 88 of the top 100 markets and in 165 of the top 200 midsized markets
- California has four of the top five rankings in the index, with price appreciation rates rising by between 22 and 28 index points.
- Of the top 300 housing market sectors, 84 have achieved a full 100% rebound in prices going back to 2007, right before the Great Recession.
- There has been at least a 50% rebound in home prices in 158 markets.
Pulling back the lens to reveal the "big picture," Homes.com is reporting all top 100 markets seeing home appreciation hikes for the seventh consecutive month.
Given that in most cases their homes are Americans' biggest investment, that's a good sign for the new year.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts