Buying an REIT like Annaly now could be like bottom fishing, but the unusually low valuation in this company relative to the expensive stock market suggests a higher stock price is possible. To give you a better picture, we built a list of stocks that compare Annaly to its three largest competitors.
Click on the interactive chart to view data over time.
Will Annaly rebound and outpace some of its competitors in the REIT space? Or is the sell-off justified? 1. Annaly Capital Management, Inc. ( NLY): Engages in the ownership, management, and financing of a portfolio of investment securities. Market cap at $9.46B, most recent closing price at $9.77.
2. American Tower Corporation ( AMT): Operates as a wireless and broadcast communications infrastructure company. Market cap at $31.58B, most recent closing price at $79.80.
3. Public Storage ( PSA): Operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT). Market cap at $26.05B, most recent closing price at $151.57.
4. Vornado Realty Trust ( VNO): Is a privately owned real estate investment trust. Market cap at $16.78B, most recent closing price at $89.75. (Written by Chris Lau, a Kapitall Contributor. List compiled by James Dennin. Analyst ratings sourced from Zacks Invesment Research. All other data sourced from Finviz.)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts