Trade-Ideas: Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN) Is Today's Post-Market Laggard Stock
- MJN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $101.9 million.
- MJN is down 5.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MJN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MJN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MJN: Mead Johnson Nutrition Company manufactures, distributes, and sells infant formulas, children's nutrition, and other nutritional products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. MJN has a PE ratio of 26.8. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Mead Johnson Nutrition Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Mead Johnson Nutrition Company has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Mead Johnson Nutrition has a market cap of $16.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.64 and a short float of 2% with 2.83 days to cover. Shares are up 26.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Mead Johnson Nutrition Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION CO has improved earnings per share by 14.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION CO increased its bottom line by earning $2.96 versus $2.47 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.37 versus $2.96).
- The gross profit margin for MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION CO is rather high; currently it is at 67.03%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 15.43% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $192.20 million or 11.16% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION CO's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 11.71%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Food Products industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 15.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $140.30 million to $161.60 million.
- You can view the full Mead Johnson Nutrition Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts