With the latest snow storm impending, New Jersey American Water reminds homeowners and local businesses to keep areas surrounding fire hydrants clear so firefighters can connect their equipment without delays. Winter brings snow that can obstruct fire hydrants and surrounding areas. Home and business owners must keep in mind fire hydrant accessibility is a primary factor in fighting fires successfully.
“Unobstructed access to fire hydrants is critical in the event of a fire emergency,” said Steve Schmitt, New Jersey American Water’s vice president of operations. “We ask our customers to assist firefighters by keeping clear the area around hydrants that supply water necessary to keep communities safe.”
New Jersey American Water maintains more than 43,000 fire hydrants throughout the state.
New Jersey American Water, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK) is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.5 million people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,700 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 30 states, as well as parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV