Expeditors International Of Washington (EXPD) Showing Signs Of Being Water-Logged And Getting Wetter
- EXPD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $35.2 million.
- EXPD has traded 552,665 shares today.
- EXPD traded in a range 200.1% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.07.
- EXPD traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 8 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 8 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXPD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXPD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EXPD: Expeditors International of Washington, Inc. provides logistics services in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. EXPD has a PE ratio of 26.3. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Expeditors International of Washington a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Expeditors International of Washington has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Expeditors International of Washington has a market cap of $9.1 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.98 and a short float of 2.4% with 6.02 days to cover. Shares are up 11.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Expeditors International of Washington as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- EXPD has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.82, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $96.29 million or 39.22% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 22.16%.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- EXPEDITORS INTL WASH INC has improved earnings per share by 7.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EXPEDITORS INTL WASH INC reported lower earnings of $1.57 versus $1.79 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.74 versus $1.57).
- You can view the full Expeditors International of Washington Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts