Even before meeting him for the first time, Altucher said Cramer's book, Confessions Of A Street Addict, was one of his favorite reads. He said the new book is an "investor's bible" that offers a glimpse into how Cramer has struggled to figure out the market.
"You can't be glib anymore," Cramer said, because the market doesn't work the way that it used to. Cramer added the book is filled with the ways "I screwed up. I don't know what I'm doing."
When asked why the book didn't hit the shelves earlier, Cramer said he didn't have anything worthy to write in a book, and was trying to figure out how the market became this hard to figure out.The market is now filled with hard-to-explain companies including Google (GOOG) Amazon (AMZN) and Starbucks (SBUX). The market also has IPO blunders such as Facebook (FB) and "flash crashes" around which investors have had to navigate. Cramer said he worked on the book for about a year and a half before contacting his publisher about it. It's a "confession of what I did wrong, in order for you to do better," Cramer concluded. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV