ST. LOUIS, Jan. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) customers in Missouri and Southern Illinois will enjoy access to more than 200 high definition (HD) channels*, better picture quality and significantly faster Internet speeds as Charter completes its move to a 100% all-digital network throughout the first half of 2014.
"By removing outdated analog signals, we regain bandwidth in our network enabling us to provide more HD channels and open the door to faster Internet speeds and future innovation," said Charter President and CEO Tom Rutledge. "This upgrade speaks to the fact that Charter is providing our customers with the very best products at the very best value and we've invested more than $2 billion in our fiber-rich network to make that happen."
The Missouri and Southern Illinois all-digital upgrade is scheduled to begin in mid-January and run through mid-summer, with groups of customers transitioning to an all-digital network on a rolling basis. As part of this upgrade process, customers must take action by acquiring Charter-issued digital set-top boxes for each of their televisions.With the use of set-top boxes, Charter customers will gain Video On Demand (VOD) access for every television in their home. With more than 12,000 VOD options, including more than 3,000 in HD, Charter is setting a new standard for digital video entertainment. Charter is making it easy for customers to obtain digital boxes at no cost. Given the staggered rollout, customers will be affected at different times in 2014, and it is important for customers to take action within one month of their scheduled upgrade. Charter will be communicating with customers about their scheduled upgrade date via direct mail, bill messages, outbound calls, and messages that will appear on their television set prior to the cutover.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV