The video this transcript is based on appeared on January 2.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- After roughly a year-long dispute, Macy's and Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia have settled their legal fight over Stewart's move to sell products at J.C. Penney.
After roughly a year-long dispute, Macy's (M) and Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia (MSO) have settled their legal fight over Stewart's move to sell products at J.C. Penney (JCP).
In a statement, Macy's said its breach-of-contract lawsuit against Martha Stewart Living has been resolved, although terms were not disclosed. According to an announcement by Martha Stewart Living, the terms of the deal are not material to the company and the two parties will continue their partnership together.
Macy's sued Martha Stewart Living and J.C. Penney in 2012, alleging that their partnership violated an exclusive merchandising agreement. Martha Stewart's company struck a deal with J.C. Penney to sell Martha Stewart home products in December 2011. J.C. Penney and Martha Stewart Living have since scaled back parts of their agreement, but Macy's battle with J.C. Penney wages on. Macy's said its settlement with Martha Stewart Living does not impact its claim against its rival retailer.
In New York, I'm Brittany Umar for TheStreet.
Written by Brittany Umar in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV