Bank of Nova Scotia About To Put More Money In Your Pocket (BNS)
On 1/3/14, Bank of Nova Scotia (TSX: BNS.TO) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.62, payable on 1/29/14. As a percentage of BNS's recent stock price of $66.46, this dividend works out to approximately 0.93%, so look for shares of Bank of Nova Scotia Halifax to trade 0.93% lower — all else being equal — when BNS shares open for trading on 1/3/14.
Below is a dividend history chart for BNS, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.62 declared by Bank of Nova Scotia Halifax:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from BNS is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 3.73% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of BNS shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, BNS's low point in its 52 week range is $55.10 per share, with $66.75 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $66.51.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, BNS makes up 1.84% of the SPDR S&P International Financial Sector ETF (IPF) which is trading lower by about 1.3% on the day Thursday. In Thursday trading, Bank of Nova Scotia Halifax shares are currently trading flat on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV