Tower Group (TWGP) Showing Signs Of Perilous Reversal Today
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Tower Group (TWGP) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Tower Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TWGP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.0 million.
- TWGP has traded 2.0 million shares today.
- TWGP is down 3.3% today.
- TWGP was up 7.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TWGP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TWGP NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on TWGP: Tower Group International, Ltd., through its subsidiaries, underwrites insurance and reinsurance products in Bermuda, the United States, and London markets. The company provides commercial, personal, and specialty insurance and reinsurance products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.8%.The average volume for Tower Group has been 257,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tower Group has a market cap of $758.4 million and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.47 and a short float of 8.4% with 1.88 days to cover. Shares are up 11% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV