Every Friday during the month of January, select Regions Bank (NYSE:RF) locations across 16 states will host free, in-branch financial fitness events covering a wide range of important topics such as budgeting, borrowing, identity protection, investing and estate planning for consumers and businesses.
“Through events like Financial Fitness Fridays, along with a wide range of tools, resources and personal advice, we’re encouraging people to take steps to ensure their long-term financial success,” said John Owen, head of Business Groups for Regions Bank. “Providing this guidance and information is one way Regions is helping individuals and businesses make more informed financial decisions that are good for our customers, their families, employees and communities.”
Financial Fitness Fridays begins this year with five new complimentary financial education seminars, including topics as diverse as banking for students to money managing and wise use of credit.
More than 500 Regions Bank branches, spanning all markets, will participate in Financial Fitness Fridays in 2014. While Financial Fitness Fridays lasts one month, Regions’ commitment to financial education is year-round. Consider these examples:
- Regions delivered approximately 36,000 free financial seminars at businesses and schools in 2013 through the company’s Regions At Work program.
- Regions provides free online financial education courses to students and Regions Bank customers through the Regions Learning Center. In 2013, more than 7,600 high school and college students registered and participated in online courses presented by Regions through the company’s agreement with EverFi. Also, the Adult-EverFi@Work program included participation by more than 4,000 Regions customers in 2013.
- As another part of its company-wide commitment to providing financial advice, guidance and education, Regions introduced the My GreenGuide online financial resource center to help people save, plan and make smarter financial decisions. My GreenGuide is available at regions.com/mygreenguide and features tips, advice, articles and calculators on a variety of financial topics.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts