LAS VEGAS, Jan. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Synaptics Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNA), a leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced it will showcase several milestone innovations at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas from January 7 th through January 10 th. On the heels of a banner year for human interface advancement, the company will highlight several industry-first solutions to commercially debut in 2013 while also providing visitors with a glimpse into the future of human interface technology.
Human Interface Innovation Today – Major Milestones of 2013
- ClearPad ® 3350: The industry's first full High-Definition (HD) In-Cell touchscreen is powered by the ClearPad 3350 single-chip touch controller solution, which integrates touch directly in the display, delivering Nexus 5 users best-in-class touch sensitivity and a 10-finger multi-touch experience.
- ClearPad ® Single-Layer On-Cell (SLOC): The ClearPad SLOC solution is the first to fuse the touch sensor and liquid crystal display (LCD) together into one sleek stack-up, enabling thinner, lighter smartphone designs that became commercially available for the first time in 2013 via the Moto G and Yulong's Coolpad, entry-level 8908 smartphone for the China market.
- 3D-Touch™: Powering the Samsung Galaxy S4 in 2013 as AirView™, this gesture technology expands user interface possibilities with proximity, finger hover and air swipe functionality.
- TypeGuard™: TypeGuard software technology virtually eliminates false cursor movements, accidental taps and false edge scrolls by differentiating between a finger and a palm, giving users a more accurate response during everyday use.
- ForcePad ® : Synaptics' award-winning, pressure-sensitive TouchPad for notebook PCs, which includes TypeGuard, brings a new dimension of control to users and became commercially available for the first time in 2013 with a leading OEM.
- ClickPad™ 2.0: Named as an International CES Innovation 2014 Design and Engineering Award Honoree, ClickPad 2.0 with TypeGuard is the most advanced capacitive-sensing notebook TouchPad technology available with a leading OEM, delivering best in class durability and the industry's most responsive and consistent click performance.
Human Interface Innovations Tomorrow – A Glimpse Into the Future
- Concept Prototypes: Continuing Synaptics' tradition of delivering thought-provoking and game-changing human interface solutions, the company will once again feature innovative prototypes, including a proximity-enabled TouchPad, a haptic-enabled TouchPad, a tactile touchscreen, a new set of user experiences on proximity-enabled handsets and more.
- Fingerprint Authentication: Following its 2013 biometrics acquisition, Synaptics will highlight new capabilities in touch-based identity with authentication solutions addressing the explosive growth of this technology in consumer devices. Synaptics' new biometrics team will be demonstrating products enabling highly convenient, frictionless security for everything from mobile payment transactions, access to cloud-based services and enterprise mobile device security.
- ThinTouch®: Keyboard solutions featuring unparalleled performance, thinness driven in part by retractable keys, and finger presence detection driven by Synaptics capacitive sensing capabilities, will be highlighted in a series of demo platforms.
Synaptics will exhibit the industry's broadest family of solutions in a private meeting space (LVCC, South Hall 2, #MP25340) from January 7 th through January 10 th by appointment only. Customers and suppliers are encouraged to contact their Synaptics partner to arrange a meeting at CES. Media are encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange on-site interviews.For up-to-the-minute Synaptics news, follow @SynaCorp on Twitter. For more information on Synaptics' products and solutions please visit www.synaptics.com. About SynapticsAs a leading developer of human interface solutions which enhance the user experience, Synaptics provides the broadest solutions portfolio in the industry. The ClearPad® family supports touchscreen solutions for devices ranging from entry-level mobile phones to flagship premium smartphones, tablets and notebook PCs. The TouchPad™ family, including ClickPad™ and ForcePad®, is integrated into the majority of today's notebook PCs. LiveFlex® fingerprint sensor technology enables authentication, mobile payments, and touch-based navigation for smartphones, tablets, and notebook computers. Synaptics' wide portfolio also includes ThinTouch® supporting thin and light keyboard solutions, as well as key technologies for next generation touch-enabled video and display applications. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com. Synaptics, TouchPad, ClearPad, ClickPad, ForcePad, ThinTouch, LiveFlex and the Synaptics logo are trademarks of Synaptics in the United States and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. For further information, please contact: Nick RottlerSynaptics408-904.1820 email@example.com Starlayne MezaText 100 Global Communications415-593-8431 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Synaptics Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts