PLANO, Texas, Jan. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Selected from thousands of submissions representing 30 countries around the world, the Doritos brand today announced the five finalists for the Doritos "Crash the Super Bowl" contest who are vying for a $1 million (U.S.) grand prize. Fans are now invited to vote for the best ad on www.doritos.com from January 4 through January 29. Ultimately, two ads will air in front of a global television audience during Super Bowl XLVIII — one selected by the world's votes and one by the Doritos brand team. The two lucky winners will have the opportunity to work with Marvel Studios on the set of "Marvel's The Avengers: Age of Ultron," and for the first time in Doritos Crash the Super Bowl history, the creator of the ad that receives the most fan votes will win a guaranteed $1 million in prize money. This marks the first year PepsiCo's Doritos brand has opened its annual "Crash the Super Bowl" contest to fans from around the world where Doritos tortilla chips are sold. Visit www.doritos.com to view the ads and full contest rules.
The five Crash the Super Bowl finalist ads (in alphabetical order by finalist last name) are:
- "Time Machine" by Ryan Andersen, Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
- "Office Thief" by Chris Capel, Valencia, California, United States
- "The Cowboy Kid" by Amber Gill, Ladera Ranch, California, United States
- "Breakroom Ostrich" by Eric Haviv, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- "Finger Cleaner" by Thomas Noakes, Sydney, Australia
A qualified panel of judges, including executives from the Doritos brand, advertising professionals and the legendary Stan Lee of Pow! Entertainment -- chairman emeritus of Marvel Comics and co-creator of such Super Heroes as Iron Man™, Spider-Man™ and others -- selected the five finalist ads.
"As someone who has brought comic book characters to life for an entire career, I know what it takes to tell a great story," Stan Lee said. "In just 30 seconds, these five finalists tell incredible stories -- each with their own style -- and have left me truly blown away.""When the Doritos brand first launched Crash the Super Bowl, the concept of user-generated content was brand new," said Ram Krishnan, vice president of marketing, PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division. "Since then, the amount of content created and shared on a global level has grown to an astounding rate. We were so excited by the global response to this year's contest, and are thrilled to now spotlight two finalist ads on one of the world's biggest advertising stages."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV