NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- There's no doubt I have the greatest job in the world. It's impossible -- and ungrateful -- to complain about anything I do. That said, I like some parts of the gig better than others.
Truth be told, I don't get as much out of, say, the Netflix (NFLX) story, as I used to. Bullish and as prophetic as anybody on the stock, it's cartoonish to continue policing the inanity of the underlying business. I don't want the stress and shame of being part of the cartoon. I'll leave that to Reed Hastings and his choir of press release writers in the media.
I feel better about myself, the material I deliver to readers and the contribution I make to larger conversations when I'm covering subject matter not shrouded in smoke and mirrors. So that's how I intend to proceed.
There's no better way to start (and continue) in 2014 than with Pandora
(P). Once treated like a cartoon by an unwitting financial media, it's a company that now commands, relatively speaking, a considerable level of respect. I like to think my work, as well as the work of Wall Street analysts such as Richard Tullo at Albert Fried and a handful of fellow media members, played a small role in the creation of this new level of understanding.
While I can't speak for others, I don't consider it my job to make you like Pandora or believe in the company and its personalization and discovery platforms as much as I do. Rather, I'm here to do the work. To get as deep behind the scenes as I can. To build the relationships. And, from there, relay information others fail to provide so you can draw your own conclusions.
Here's a preview of what lies ahead in this exclusive series on Pandora, followed by some context and the first couple video installments on Page Two.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV