Campbell Soup Company (NYSE:CPB) is voluntarily recalling approximately 300 cases of 24-ounce jars of Prego Traditional Italian sauce because of a risk of spoilage.
The affected product was manufactured on December 15, 2013 and can be identified by the “Best By” date of June 16, 2015 and a four-digit, military time code ranging from “CT BJ ZV 0330” through “CT BJ ZV 0449.” This information is printed on the top of the lid as follows:
|JUN 16 2015 12153 CT BJ ZV 0330||Through||JUN 16 2015 12153 CT BJ ZV 0449|
The product subject to the recall was made at the Campbell Soup Supply Company establishment in Paris, Texas and was shipped on December 21, 2013 to retailer distribution centers that serve the following seven states: Arizona, Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico and Oklahoma. This recall is limited to the U.S.
The potential spoilage was discovered as a result of the company’s routine quality control testing. This recall does not affect any other Campbell products. No consumer illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this recall.Consumers who have purchased the product should not eat it. Consumers should return the product to the store where the product was purchased for a full refund. Consumers can also call Campbell at 866-270-9303 for more information, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST. On Dec. 31, 2013 and Jan. 1, 2014, consumers will be able to leave a message in the Campbell Consumer Hotline voice mail box, and calls will be returned every three hours between 9 a.m. and 12 a.m. EST.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV