Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
Cramer said he's noticed a disturbing pattern in the markets, one where the futures indicate a strong open first thing Monday morning and investors can't seem to help themselves from piling in. But as history has proven, buying first thing Monday morning when the markets are up big is never a winning move.
There is always a better time to buy later in the morning, Cramer continued, which is why he urged all investors to make a new year's resolution to never pay up on Monday mornings.So what should investors buy when the market cools? Why not the stock of a company with a strong, long-term theme and a bankable CEO? Cramer said he's still a fan of his "four horsemen of biotech," which include Celgene (CELG), Biogen Idec (BIIB), Regeneron (REGN) and Gilead Sciences (GILD). Cramer noted that Celgene remains his favorite among the group thanks to its strong pipeline of new drugs. Furthermore, the company received a downgrade today, sending shares lower and giving new investors the perfect opportunity to begin a position at a great price. So don't buy on the open, wait for great American companies like Celgene to be put on sale and start buying, Cramer concluded.
Getting SiriusThe news that Liberty Media (LMCA) is snapping up the 48% of Sirius XM Radio (SIRI) it doesn't already own is a fabulous opportunity for investors, Cramer told viewers, but only if you do it the right way. Cramer explained that Liberty helped save Sirius from bankruptcy back in 2009, a move that gave it 52% ownership of the satellite radio giant. This week's deal is a complicated one, one where Liberty will create a new class of stock, Liberty Class C, which will trade under the ticker "LMCC."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV