NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The S&P 500 closed flat, putting the first two trading days of 2014 in the red to start the year.
Josh Brown, CEO and co-founder of Ritholtz Wealth Management, said SIRI has wide margins but small net income, meaning it's not as efficient as it could be. He said the deal could get done above the original offer price.
Guy Adami, managing director of stockmonster.com, suggested the stock offers a good risk-to-reward ratio at current levels.Tim Seymour, managing partner of Triogem Asset Management, said the news should not help LMCA break out of its current trading range because besides already having a majority interest, the announcement was no surprise. Auto sales for the Big Three -- Chrysler, Ford (F), and General Motors (GM) -- came in lower than expected. Brian Kelly, founder of Brian Kelly Capital, suggested that if auto sales start to stall it could weigh on the housing market in the not-so-distant future. Seymour said investors should not focus on just one month of sales. Truck sales should continue to drive profits, especially as truck demand rises with new home builds. Adami suggested investors look at a three-month period, not a one-month period, for auto sales. However, he did advise caution going forward. Brown said investors should focus on what the auto makers are doing on the international front over the long term, say five to 10 years. Seymour said Yahoo! (YHOO) could appreciate another 20% based on the value of its different business segments including its stake in Alibaba. Adami concurred.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV