Scholastic Corporation Stock Upgraded (SCHL)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- SCHL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 63.41% to $152.30 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.95%.
- The gross profit margin for SCHOLASTIC CORP is rather high; currently it is at 57.51%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.35% is in-line with the industry average.
- SCHOLASTIC CORP's earnings per share declined by 5.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SCHOLASTIC CORP reported lower earnings of $1.03 versus $3.35 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.69 versus $1.03).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Media industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 5.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $61.80 million to $58.30 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts