Actavis: Keep Digging Watson
Copycats are another sign you are doing well with your M&A strategy and no company may be as indicative of that as Watson Pharmaceuticals... I mean Actavis (ACT).
Through a series of acquisitions, Watson Pharmaceuticals has positioned itself as among the leading generic drug manufacturers in the world and among the most innovative pharmaceutical giants in taking advantage of U.S. and Irish laws to lower its tax bill. After acquiring generic drug manufacturer Actavis in 2012 and Dublin based Warner Chilcott this year, the company has changed its name and headquarters.
Shares just keep on rising.TheStreet reported on Watson's corporate shape shifting through complicated merger agreements, name changes and so-called corporate inversions in May. Since then, others have followed suit such as Perrigo and Endo Health Solutions (ENDP). Actavis shares have gained over 170% since the beginning of 2012 when it embarked on an M&A spree.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV