Another healthcare player that insiders are jumping into here is Opko Health (OPK), which is a multi-national pharmaceutical and diagnostics company. Insiders are buying this stock into big time strength, since shares are up 76% in 2013.
Opko Health has a market cap of $3.4 billion and an enterprise value of $3.5 billion. This stock trades at a premium valuation, with a price-to-sales of 38.01 and a price-to-book at 4.01. Its estimated growth rate for this year is -218.2%. This is not a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $180.84 million and its total debt is $226.74 million.
The CEO just bought 19,400 shares, or about $171,000 worth of stock, at $8.79 to $8.90 per share. The same CEO also just bought 13,000 shares, or about $117,000 worth of stock, at $8.99 to $9.04 per share.From a technical perspective, OPK is currently trending above its 200-day moving average and below its 50-day moving average, which is neutral trendwise. This stock has been downtrending over the last few weeks, with shares falling from its high of $11.64 to its recent low of $8.17 a share. During that downtrend, shares of OPK have been making mostly lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. If you're in the bull camp on OPK, then I would look for long-biased trades as long as this stock is trending above its 200-day at $8.31 or above more key support at $8.17, and then once it breaks out above some near-term overhead resistance at $9.20 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above that level with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 5.53 million shares. If that breakout hits soon, then OPK will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at its 50-day of $10.06 a share to $11.64 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV