U.S. Bank Bill Pay Giving has generated $450,000 in contributions to four nonprofit organizations since it began in 2011, nearly $166,000 in 2013 alone. Nearly 340,000 customers have made a charitable contribution through the Bill Pay Giving Program.
The program was designed to introduce customers to the online bill payment process by having them make their first “payment” a $1 contribution to charities supporting disaster relief, environmental protection, education and arts, and hunger and poverty relief. U.S. Bank matches customers’ payments up to $50,000 annually.
“Bill Pay Giving is innovative among community programs because it incorporates giving into the consumer experience,” said Jody Bhagat, senior vice president and head of online sales, marketing, and user experience at U.S. Bank. “The program has provided an excellent way for bankers to talk to their customers about the benefits of paying their bills online, and having the ability to try the service by making a payment to a valued charity.”
U.S. Bank was awarded the “Best Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative” for the program in 2012 by London-based Retail Banking International. Bill Pay Giving has also been recognized by United Way and Junior Achievement.About U.S. BankU.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB), with $361 billion in assets as of September 30, 2013, is the parent company of U.S. Bank, the 5th largest commercial bank in the United States. The company operates 3,088 banking offices in 25 states and 4,937 ATMs and provides a comprehensive line of banking, brokerage, insurance, investment, mortgage, trust and payment services products to consumers, businesses and institutions. Visit U.S. Bancorp on the web at www.usbank.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV