With two new dishes delivering full-on flavor and surprisingly few calories, Applebee’s restaurants is turning to social media to find its most over-the-top fans to appear in a TV commercial and tell the story of its Unbelievably Great Tasting & Under 550 Calories Menu.
Five years after introducing Unbelievably Great Tasting & Under 550 Calories dishes – generous-portioned selections packed with bold flavors and fewer calories – America’s favorite neighborhood grill and bar invites fans to show what they’ve got by recording their most unbelievable reactions on Vine using the hashtag #BeeFamous, beginning Dec. 30. The best reactions will appear in an Applebee’s TV commercial in early February.
“Applebee’s has millions of fans in social media. If you’re one of them, you know we love to interact,” said Mike Archer, Applebee’s President. “#BeeFamous is about capturing the spirit of that first bite of our Unbelievably Great Tasting & Under 550 Calories Menu items. You won’t believe something that good has so few calories.”
#BeeFamous marks the first time Applebee’s has engaged its fan base of more than 5 million fans and followers with the opportunity to appear in a TV commercial. The campaign highlights the Unbelievably Great Tasting & Under 550 Calories Menu through multiple channels and the even more unbelievable personality and talent of its biggest fans.“We’re always looking for ways to break the mold and engage with fans,” Archer said. “The integration of social media and broadcast marketing is something we’ve never done before. It’s exciting to put the spotlight on the fans who show us love every day.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV