Lancaster Colony Corporation (LANC) Hits New Lifetime High
- LANC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.9 million.
- LANC has traded 81,692 shares today.
- LANC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LANC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LANC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LANC: Lancaster Colony Corporation manufactures and markets consumer products focusing primarily on specialty foods for the retail and foodservice markets in the United States. The company operates in two segments: Specialty Foods; and Glassware and Candles. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. LANC has a PE ratio of 22.4. Currently there are no analysts that rate Lancaster Colony Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Lancaster Colony Corporation has been 83,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Lancaster Colony has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.57 and a short float of 5.5% with 9.20 days to cover. Shares are up 26.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lancaster Colony Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LANC has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.58, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Food Products industry and the overall market, LANCASTER COLONY CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 62.18% to $26.53 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, LANCASTER COLONY CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 11.71%.
- LANCASTER COLONY CORP's earnings per share declined by 7.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LANCASTER COLONY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.99 versus $3.51 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.04 versus $3.99).
- LANC, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.8%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Lancaster Colony Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts