INDIANAPOLIS, Dec. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Republic Services, Inc. today announced the deployment of 79 Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) solid waste and recycling trucks that are now serving customers throughout greater Indianapolis. The new CNG fleet replaced older diesel powered trucks, and represents a significant local investment in cleaner, safer and more efficient vehicles.
"We are committed to doing our part to give back to the communities we are privileged to serve every day," said Travis Simpson, area president of Republic Services. "One way we give back is by leaving a cleaner and healthier community for future generations. With these new trucks, we are reducing ozone-forming emissions to levels equal to removing 395 automobiles off local roads this year, and in the next year 70 percent of our local fleet will be powered by compressed natural gas. Our employees are proud to make a difference in their community."Republic installed two natural gas fueling stations to support its new fleet of CNG powered trucks in Indianapolis. Natural gas fueling stations enable CNG trucks to fuel during non-peak hours, which has the added benefit of reduced energy consumption during the refueling process. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, each new CNG solid waste and recycling truck reduces ozone-forming emissions by as much as 80 percent when compared to older diesel powered trucks. In addition, each new CNG truck deployed is equivalent to removing five passenger vehicles from local roads for one year, or to adding 600 mature trees into the local environment. Republic operates a fleet of more than 1,400 CNG vehicles and 26 natural gas fueling stations nationwide. Approximately 50 percent of all Republic vehicles purchased in 2013 are powered by the domestic fuel source.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV