LOS GATOS, Calif., Dec. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Binge watching may be the new normal, but in 2014 a surprising number of people are willing to get off the couch for all that TV viewing. According to a recent survey among 1,000 US Internet users conducted by Netflix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NFLX), more than 50% of respondents were willing to exercise while binge watching instead of slouching on the couch.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/64902-netflix-fitness-effect-celebrity-fitness-expert-harley-pasternak
In the same survey, nearly half (45%) of respondents agreed they would be more motivated to exercise if they had access to their favorite TV shows on-demand and commercial free while working out. Sitcoms come out on top as the favorite genre to watch while working up a sweat, with more than one in three (36%) choosing humor over serialized dramas (27%), Sci-Fi/fantasy (24%) or reality shows (20%).That makes sense, as multiple studies show that watching entertainment, like Netflix, while working out makes people more likely to exercise for longer periods of time and stick with their fitness regimen. Harley Pasternak, celebrity fitness expert and New York Times bestselling author, is working with Netflix to remind people how incorporating entertainment into your workout can jump start your New Year's resolution. "I call it the Netflix fitness effect," said Pasternak. "My clients have been working out with Netflix for years. It makes cardio feel easier and less boring. Whether you're watching at home doing resistance exercises or taking your tablet or phone to the gym, Netflix gives people an extra reason to sweat."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV