Thousands will lace up their sneakers in Portland on January 1, declaring their commitments to living healthy, active lives in 2014 as part of a 35 city Commitment Day 5K fun walk/run event.
Commitment Day, a broad social movement created by Life Time – The Healthy Way of Life Company in 2013, will kick off its second year with tens of thousands across the nation committing to healthy eating, exercise, family, respect, giving and a healthy planet in 2014.
For more information or to register, visit commitmentday.com/portland/.
|WHEN:|| January 1, 2014
|WHERE:|| Commitment Day Portland
Mount Tabor Park
The 3.1 mile course begins on the north west side of the park, just south of the parking area. Runners will head south down SE Salmon Way and then go left and follow Reservoir Loop which takes participants between the Lower Reservoir (City of Portland #6) to their right and the Upper Reservoir (City of Portland #5) on their left. When nearing the north end of the Loop, runners will head toward the Lower Reservoir and run along the east side of the water. Continuing back down the loop, runners head toward Reservoir #1 and circle the south of the water and then head north on SE East Tabor Drive. Racers will then complete a loop in the middle of the Park around the Mt. Tabor summit. The race ends as runners head north toward Mt. Tabor Drive and head west toward the race finish at the initial parking area.
Story angles leading up to Commitment Day include:
Story angles day-of include:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV