infoUSA to Cut 325 Jobs, Close Some Operations
infoUSA (IUSA), a provider of business and consumer databases and sales and marketing services, cut 325 jobs, scaled back its Internet operations and eliminated underperforming divisions.
As a result of the moves, the company expects to improve profitability and earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization in 2001. The eliminated positions include administrative and support functions, as well as reductions in the executive staff for underperforming operations. The company will cut 63 job at its majority-owned Internet unit, infoUSA.com.
The company also said it expects to be profitable by the first quarter of 2001. infoUSA significantly reduced its investment in its other Internet companies and closed its VideoYellowPages.com division. The company also scaled back its businessCreditUSA.com division.
infoUSA expects to take a charge in the fourth quarter to cover severance expenses and other nonrecurring restructuring charges. The company last reported 1,985 employees, according to Market Guide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV