Further Reforms To The Temporary Foreign Worker Program
Ensuring Canadians are first in line for available jobs
OTTAWA, Dec. 28, 2013 /CNW/ - Employment and Social Development Canada and Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Minister of Employment and Social Development and Minister for Multiculturalism Jason Kenney, and Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander, announced further changes today stemming from the ongoing review of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
The Government of Canada continues to reform the Temporary Foreign Worker Program to ensure that Canadians are always first in line for available jobs, while ensuring temporary foreign workers are protected.For more information on the new regulations, visit: www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/notices/reg_change.shtml Quick facts As announced in Canada's Economic Action Plan 2013, the Government is introducing regulatory and administrative changes that will:
- provide the Government with the authority to conduct inspections to make sure employers are meeting the conditions of the program;
- allow the Government to ban non-compliant employers from the program for two years and immediately add their names to a public "black list"
- strengthen criteria for assessing Labour Market Opinion (LMO) and work permit applications; and
- provide the Government with the authority to revoke or suspend LMOs, or refuse to process LMO applications, and to revoke and refuse to process work permits, when necessary.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV