4 Things to Know When Your Mortgage Is Rejected
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Home mortgage applications were down by 6.3% last week, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association, and mortgage refinancing applications were down even further, sliding by 8%.
"Following the Federal Reserve's taper announcement, mortgage application volume dropped again last week, with rates increasing and refinance application volume falling to its lowest levels since November 2008," says Mike Frantantoni, the MBA's vice-president of research."Purchase application volume were weak too, continuing to run more than 10% below last year's pace."
It could mean a bigger window of opportunity for homebuyers or homeowners looking to refinance.
But what if you apply for a new mortgage and get denied? After all, there is no guarantee you'll get approved your first trip to the plate.The important thing? Just keep swinging, mortgage experts say. loan application, it took some time to pull together the necessary documents and forms," Brousseau says. "Now you have those materials in hand, and you have a current and usable appraisal that a replacement lender can consider. The result is that you may be able to breeze through the underwriting process with a second lender a lot faster and with a lot less hassle than the first." Ask about credit. If a low credit score is an issue, ask multiple lenders if they have special programs for low credit mortgage applicants. Many lenders (Carrington is one) have such programs in place.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV