InterOil Corporation (IOC) Falling In After-Hours Activity
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified InterOil Corporation (IOC) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified InterOil Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- IOC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.8 million.
- IOC is down 2.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IOC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IOC NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on IOC: InterOil Corporation operates as an integrated oil and gas company in Papua New Guinea. The company operates in four segments: Upstream, Midstream, Downstream, and Corporate. IOC has a PE ratio of 877.5. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate InterOil Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.The average volume for InterOil Corporation has been 941,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. InterOil has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 6.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates InterOil Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and unimpressive growth in net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.39, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that IOC's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.55, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- IOC, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, INTEROIL CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- INTEROIL CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, INTEROIL CORP reported lower earnings of $0.02 versus $0.34 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 218.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $5.34 million to -$6.32 million.
- You can view the full InterOil Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV