InterOil Corporation (IOC) Falling In After-Hours Activity
- IOC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.8 million.
- IOC is down 2.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IOC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IOC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IOC: InterOil Corporation operates as an integrated oil and gas company in Papua New Guinea. The company operates in four segments: Upstream, Midstream, Downstream, and Corporate. IOC has a PE ratio of 877.5. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate InterOil Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for InterOil Corporation has been 941,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. InterOil has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 6.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates InterOil Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and unimpressive growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.39, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that IOC's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.55, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- IOC, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, INTEROIL CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- INTEROIL CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, INTEROIL CORP reported lower earnings of $0.02 versus $0.34 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 218.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $5.34 million to -$6.32 million.
- You can view the full InterOil Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.