DUBLIN, Ohio, Dec. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Wendy's Company (NASDAQ: WEN) has sold 30 Austin and 19 Sacramento area restaurants, in separate transactions. With the completion of the transactions today, the Company has now either sold or announced sales agreements for a total of 282 restaurants in 2013 as part of its System Optimization initiative.
The Austin restaurants have been sold to HAZA Foods, LLC of Austin, Texas. Ali Dhanani is president and chief executive officer of the organization, which also operates 31 Wendy's® restaurants in the greater Houston market and three in Waco/ Temple, Texas.
The Sacramento area restaurants have been sold to Desmond Foods, L.P. -- a Wendy's franchisee since 1973, led by President and Chief Financial Officer Craig Horn. Desmond also operates 17 Wendy's restaurants in the Fresno market along with seven in the San Francisco area.Wendy's announced plans in July to geographically concentrate its restaurant ownership through the sale of about 425 Company-operated restaurants in 13 U.S. markets, primarily in the West. Restaurants are being sold to qualified operators on a market-by-market basis, with the completion of this process targeted by second quarter 2014. As part of this initiative, Wendy's previously announced the sale of or an agreement to sell the following markets: Kansas City, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake City, Seattle and St. Louis. Included in these agreements are specific plans to reimage certain restaurants in Wendy's contemporary Image Activation restaurant design. They also include development plans for new restaurants.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV