The video this transcript is based on appeared on December 27.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Macquarie Securities' Amy Yong says that while TV everywhere is disrupting appointment viewing habits the real concern for pay TV providers is how to monetize digital platforms.
Are cable companies worried about TV Everywhere and how it could potentially disrupt the industry?
I think cable companies are worried about how to monetize TV Everywhere and how to monetize digital platforms. At the end of the day their entire competitive positioning is around broadband and broadband usage. So they're embracing TV Everywhere to try to figure out actual monetize it.
Written by Ruben Ramirez in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV