Drugs Stocks On The Rise With Help From 3 Stocks
1. As of noon trading, AstraZeneca ( AZN) is up $0.31 (0.5%) to $59.42 on light volume. Thus far, 515,900 shares of AstraZeneca exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $59.23-$59.49 after having opened the day at $59.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $59.11. AstraZeneca PLC engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines for cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, neuroscience, infection, oncology, and respiratory and inflammation diseases worldwide. AstraZeneca has a market cap of $73.7 billion and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 25.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are no analysts that rate AstraZeneca a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates AstraZeneca as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full AstraZeneca Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the drugs industry could consider SPDR S&P Pharmaceuticals ETF ( XPH) while those bearish on the drugs industry could consider ProShares UltraShort Nasdaq Biotech ( BIS).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts