NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Friday's trading action is slow, which comes as no surprise during the holiday-shortened week. TheStreet's Jeanne Yurman analyzes the day's biggest headlines.
The broader indices are trading near flat on Friday. Should they go green however, it will mark the seventh consecutive daily close in positive territory. That would be the longest such streak since March, Yurman said.
She added that all three major indices -- the S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average, and the Nasdaq -- are on track to tack on more than 1% this week alone.
Separately, Ford (F) and its Chinese partner, Chongqing Changan, are recalling 81,000 Kuga cars, due to a steering component issue. Currently, Ford shares are lower by less than 1%.Another Detroit automaker is also in the news. General Motors (GM) and its Chinese partner, SAIC, will recall 1.46 million Buick and Chevrolet vehicles due to defective fuel pump brackets, Yurman said. Shares are currently lower by roughly 1%. This report is according to a Chinese regulator and the recall is one of the largest ever in China, she added. Finally, Textron (TXT) will acquire Beechcraft for $1.4 billion in cash, to boost its current lineup of aircraft, Yurman said. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV