STAMFORD, Conn., Dec. 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Independence Holding Company (NYSE:IHC) today reported declaration of its semi-annual cash dividend of $0.035 per share of common stock, payable to stockholders of record on January 6, 2014, with a payment date of January 20, 2014.
About Independence Holding Company
IHC is a holding company principally engaged in the life and health insurance business and the acquisition of blocks of policies through its insurance company subsidiaries (Standard Security Life Insurance Company of New York, Madison National Life Insurance Company, Inc. and Independence American Insurance Company) and its marketing and administrative affiliates. Standard Security Life markets medical stop-loss, group major medical, short-term medical, limited medical, group long-term and short-term disability and life, dental, vision and various supplemental products. Madison National Life sells group life and disability, group major medical, dental, individual life insurance and various supplemental products. Independence American offers pet insurance, non-subscriber occupational accident, international coverages, small-group major medical and short-term medical. IHC owns certain subsidiaries through its majority ownership of American Independence Corp. (Nasdaq:AMIC), which is a holding company principally engaged in the insurance and reinsurance business.
CONTACT: ADAM VANDERVOORT (646) 509-2156 www.IHCGroup.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV