The video this transcript is based on appeared on December 27.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Gary Krakow thinks the new HTC flagship is as terrific as it is large.
The HTC One MAX is a colossal smartphone. I don't mean big - I mean HUGE.
When you look at it on its own it looks - well normal. But when you hold it next to another device like the original HTC One with a 5-inch screen, you begin to realize this is a BIG phone.
The One Max has a 5.9-inch, 1080 by 1920, HD, nearly tablet-sized touchscreen; 2 gigs of RAM; a quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor; 4-megapixel camera on the back and 2.1 up front; along with a beefy battery.
We tried using the Max for a week at a time and found it to be a great performer, one of the best on the market today. Great speed, great battery life and a really terrific-looking screen.
But no matter how you look at it, the Max is huge, even for big hands like mine. You need a very large pocket to carry the Max around all day. Holding the phone for a voice call or watching a video which runs more than a minute or so quickly becomes a chore.
If that prospect doesn't bother you, the HTC One Mac is a terrific, superb, super-sized "phablet" phone. It's currently available in versions for Sprint (S) and Verizon (VZ) .
Written by Gary Krakow in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV