BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Three more days -- that's how much time stands in between this morning's open and the final trading session of 2013.
It would take a pretty active three days to derail what's been a spectacular year for stock investors. Since the calendar flipped over to January, the S&P 500 has rallied more than 29%, climbing to new all-time highs in spite of a real lack of participation in among retail investors. And if yesterday's trading is any indication, a Santa Claus rally looks likely to tack on some extra gains before the first trade of 2014.
That's why we're taking a closer technical look at five year-end trades to take this week.If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. >>5 Rocket Stocks to Buy for a Santa Claus Rally Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV