Today's Perilous Reversal Stock: Inovio Pharmaceuticals (INO)
- INO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.0 million.
- INO has traded 22.4 million shares today.
- INO is down 5.1% today.
- INO was up 20.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in INO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for INO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on INO: Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the discovery and development of synthetic vaccines and immune therapies focusing on cancers and infectious diseases. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Inovio Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Inovio Pharmaceuticals has been 3.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Inovio has a market cap of $514.7 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.84 and a short float of 7.5% with 1.85 days to cover. Shares are up 394.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Inovio Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- INOVIO PHARMACEUTICALS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INOVIO PHARMACEUTICALS INC reported poor results of -$0.14 versus -$0.12 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 121.4% in earnings (-$0.31 versus -$0.14).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 366.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$6.62 million to -$30.88 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, INOVIO PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for INOVIO PHARMACEUTICALS INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 13.17%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, INO's net profit margin of -325.46% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to -$5.71 million or 5.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, INOVIO PHARMACEUTICALS INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 1.32%.
- You can view the full Inovio Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.