In a note to investors Macquarie analyst Ben Schachter said "we believe nothing has changed in the fundamentals to justify the sharp rise in shares over the past few weeks." Shares of Twitter gained 76% in the month of December, and 22% in the past week alone.
Schachter maintains his 12-month price target of $6 per share for Twitter. Despite the downgrade to underperform the analyst wrote "we continue to believe that Twitter as a company has a bright future and many opportunities ahead."
TWTR data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV