The video this transcript is based on appeared on December 26.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Macquarie Securities' Cable Analyst Amy Yong says AMC Networks is her favorite stock in the sector because it is embracing the Netflix platform for its shows like 'Breaking Bad' and 'Walking Dead' and that is helping to drive traffic to more traditional platforms.
AMC Networks (AMCX) is one of your top picks. Why do you like the stock and how do you think it'll do come next year?
I love the stock. I think how consumers - how people are actually consuming media is changing so differently on the last 23 years because of iTunes and Netflix and Amazon. And this is one company that's been marketing their shows very aggressively on Netflix and embracing Netflix as a way to drive viewership on the linear side. So when you think about a show like Breaking Bad, they show Breaking Bad on seasons one through four on Netflix and that exponentially increases every single time they put any other show on Netflix, and that helps drive viewership on to the traditional side.
But they also have these nameplate hits that are really resonating with consumers. So it's Walking Dead, Mad Men, Breaking Bad - they've really developed a portfolio of shows that used only be one or two and now they really have a great family of shows that they have pricing power to rely on now.
Written by Ruben Ramirez in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV